Applicable Part Numbers
*For all Battery rack families except for the Cobalt ESS Battery Bay family.
This document covers the alarm wiring of a Comm/net battery rack to a Comm/Net power plant with a Cordex controller.
DUE TO PROXIMITY TO POTENTIALLY HARMFUL ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT DURING THIS PROCESS INSTALLATION SHOULD ONLY BE PERFORMED BY QUALIFIED PERSONNEL WITH PROPER TOOLS AND PROTECTIVE SAFETY EQUIPMENT.
1. Locate the 538-190-10 connector (male or female) on the top left of the battery bay on the left side of the Battery bay. This connector will allow digital alarm monitoring of the Battery Bay.
2. If you haven’t already, run un-terminated 18 gauge wire between the battery bay and the Rectifier bay do so now.
3. Once the correct length of the wire has been determined, cut the wire and crimp a male/female connector onto one end of the 18 gauge wire (depending on which connectors are present at the termination point on the Battery Bay and the rectifier bay).
4. Connect one termination of the wire to the male/female connector at the top of the battery bay.
Rectifier Bay Alarm Termination Panel, then continue to Step 7. If you are connecting the battery bay directly to a DC plant alarm card, continue to step 8.
6. Connect the wire to the D2-2 digital input on the left side of the 1RU Rectifier Bay Alarm Termination Panel
7. If the Rectifier bay you are running to contains a , then you must move the D2-1 jumper to the left. This jumper can be found to the right of the D2-2 alarm termination point. This jumper is the second down from the top and is, again, found to the right of the D2-2 Alarm Termination point.
8. If the DC Plant has and Alpha Alarm Card as shown below.
9. You must reprogram the rectifier bay in order to complete the installation.
Please see Alpha's Cordex CXC Manual for reprogramming instructions.
*Note* This manual applies to the current firmware revision. If you are using an older-than-current firmware revision, you must contact Alpha support here. Firmware download support is available here.
Comm/net Systems Inc. Support
or submit a support ticket through this portal.